[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

To bra, or not to bra

Greetings!

  As my M3 nears my dealer's lot (somewhere between port and here...), and
I read about fragile water-based paint, I'm revisiting a decision I made
awhile back.

  I remember reading that car bras do more damage than good by trapping
dirt, etc. under them and then basically scratching the crap out of the
paint as the car's engine and wind causes them to vibrate.

  But, I've seen an awful lot of bras on cars at the M-car gatherings here
in Palo Alto.  So, I wonder: What's the scoop on bras?  Do they or don't
they damage the paint?  Are they worth it?  Are they a pain in the rear
when washing the car, or when it rains, or....

Thanks,
- --Mike