[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

What's wrong when "Antilock" light is on? ('87 325is)

Hello Bimmerphiles,
	After what seems like years of searching I think I've finally
found THE car!  An '87 325is with 152K on it and in excellent shape.
Original champaigne paint, All body numbers match, MINT tan leather
interior, 2nd owner, and timing belt changed at 100K in 1993.  I am going
to make an offer tonight!
	The only thing wrong with the car is that the "antilock" idiot
light is on constantly (with car on).  The owner says that it just came
on in the past couple days.  The brakes felt fine and stopped great
without locking up.  I did notice a faint burning smell after I braked
REALLY hard, but I think that was more frying asbestos than anything
else. :^)
	What does that light usually indicate?  That the antilock system
is not functional?  Is this expensive to fix?  Dangerous?  Was the
antilock system an option in '87 325is' or standard fare?  PLEASE let me
know ASAP so I can make an informed offer!  Thank you much and maybe by
tomorrow night I can call myself a BMW owner!   Thanks a bunch for any
info on this...

	Jay Karolyi

E-mail: karolyi@domain.elided