[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

95 M3 - LSD fluid spec?

Nearing 10k mile mark.  I believe BMW suggests a change of diff oil at =
this point.  My problem is the dealer won't sell me any of the *magic* =
BMW LSD fluid (they buy in million gallon bulk).  So I reference my =
owner's manual but all it says is "name brand synthetic gear oil" =
whatever that means.

Anybody have any suggestions re exactly what brand, weight, synthetic =
vs. Non-synth, etc. would be acceptable.  I'm generally not =
superstitious about dealer vs. Other name brands but I usually like to =
ask if there is really something magical about the BMW gear lube.  But I =
can't ask the dealer - I already know their answer:  I will destroy the =
entire car if I dare not use their service.

Thanks in advance to anyone with suggestions and or data on this one.

Kirk S
95 M3