[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

E39/528i - Insurance Costs?

I sent the following message to the old address and it may not have gone
through, so I'm re-sending it.  Sorry about any redundancy:

To all new or prospective owners of a new E39 528i or 540i, I am interested
to hear about your experience in insuring or preparing to insure your car:
did your agent know about the car, its "symbol", and its cost of insurance?
 How much do you pay, for what coverage, with what deductible, where? (you
can e-mail me in private if necessary).  What anti-theft features of the
car can help obtain a discount?  What additional features would bring the
price down?  Does it help in any way to be a BMWCCA member?

In investigating insurance options for my euro delivery 528i, I found out
that my insurance company (The Commerce Insurance) did not have a clear-cut
idea of how much it would cost, and gave me very fuzzy answers.  It sounds
outrageous to me, for a car that's been available in the US since April!
Your feedback and advice would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

Christophe Lemaire
BMWCCA # 132924
1990 Acura Integra GS (for sale - anyone interested?)
1992 Saab 9000CS (wife's car)
1997 528i (on the boat, with 1,443 miles, due at port on Thursday)
Email: 	christophe.lemaire@domain.elided

Christophe Lemaire

Analog Devices
Standard Linear Products Division