[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

E24 Exhaust Options?

I received surprisingly few responses when I asked last week about any
suggestions, experience, etc. regarding E-24 exhaust options, so I thought
I'd just ask one more time before buying an Ansa rear muffler.  Apparently
there is a Bosal option out there as well, but I know little about it other
than the single quote I got for it was twice the lowest Ansa price I found
($250 vs $125).

Steve Callaghan's 'damn the torpedoes' method of a straight out the back
cannon on his E23 certainly might be enviable, but I'm afraid the OZ approach
won't fly with the EPA, let alone CARB. ( And we won't even discuss the wife
and/or neighbors factor.)

So if there are any thoughts out there on this one, send 'em in!

Thanks,
Gerry O'Connor
Manhattan Beach, CA
'83 633 CSi (with muffler patch goop that never lasts as long as it takes to
select and procure a new muffler)
'72 2002 tii
BMW CCA / NMA / SAE

P.S.  I had promised to post whatever I heard back from my inquiry to the M
Digest, but Mario Alessi beat me to the punch and posted the basic contact
info so I'll consider it a done deal.