[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

BMW Car Stereo System (E34)

I am the lucky owner of a '92 525i Shadowline with a BMW Sound System
installed. This car was bought in Germany and taken into Norway a few
months ago.
Now, I want to replace the original stereo with my own, a Pioneer
KEH-8200. I have removed the original stereo and now want to replace the
original wiring. I found that the speakers have separate bass and treble
wirings going from the rear speakers and to the front of the car. The
same goes for the speaker in the front doors (by the mirrors). BUT, I
cannot find the crossover filters for these speakers.=20
Where are these located in the car?
Also, I used the manuals for the car to find the correct speaker wirings
that is connected to the stereo. If I use these wires no sound can be
heard from the speakers. Also, four or five additional wires could be
found on the multi connector connected to the BMW radio. I could not
find any documentation of these.=20
In short what I want to do is:=20
1.) Replace original stereo with my own.
2.) Replace all wirings (power and sound)
3.) Put my multi CD player in the boot
Can anyone please help me with the above problems?

Geir A. Bergsl=F8kken
Senior Systems Engineer Document Management Systems
Software Innovation as
0212 Oslo, Norway
geirab@domain.elided