[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Tire pressure

Somebody wrote:

My notes show that I ran 37psi front, 35psi rear on MXX3's at
Thunderhill
in my M3 Lightweight, and my instructor commented a few times on how
neutral the car felt, and preferred it to his E30 M3. Dave Fisher, a
10-year SCCA veteran w/non-BMWs, and who pitted next to me, drove his M3
Luxe for the first time, with a similar or identical f/r pressure
_differential_, but he was running R1's.

I'm responding:

Were these pressures taken "cold," meaning in the morning?  Or just
before the run?  What were they after the run?  4 psi higher?
Just curious as to how most racers set their pressures.  I would think
they would set it just before the race in whatever conditions that
happened to be, unlike what most manufacturers suggest (the "morning"
method).

Regards,

- --
Jerome Soh