[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

advertising

     Fellas,

     calm down a bit and stop wailing on Rodd and AutoLoc guy and the
     others.  They don't really post to the list THAT often do they?  I
     only notice maybe an ad every few days from them if that much.
     Remember that these guys _are_ selling stuff to us so some of us are
     _benefitting_ from their presence.  Phil and Steve are awesome with
     providing us with tech info but some of the others provide us with
     stuff we may not even be able to get at dealers.  Look, I can't afford
     to spend $125 for a factory shop manual but as long as it was
     legitimate and only cost $45 or something, i could work from a copy.
     I would find it hard to believe that none of you out there has ever
     copied software that you didn't pay for.  It's pretty much the same
     thing with the manuals and frankly i despise the holier than thou
     posts more than the original ad.  I don't see BMP or BAS people on the
     list helping us out with tech problems(if you're out there, sorry, i
     haven't been able to identify you).

     If they sell something that's more than the going rate, it's really up
     to the buyer in the end to make sure that they aren't getting a raw
     deal.

     Also, some of us don't have access to the web and email is the only
     way for us to get info from the net(remember the big newsgroup
     debate?)

     Maybe the separate list for advertising isn't a bad idea.  I'd sub to
     it.  If i knew how to set one up i'd do it- sounds like it would be
     great experience.  Maybe I'll have to visit a library this weekend and
     start reading.  My home ISP did say i have 20megs of server space...

     Thanks for the BW.

     Rob
     never bought a thing from these guys...but only because i'm
     penniless...