[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

re: <Misc> BMW Paint

Wherein Phil Marx said:

> Unfortunately I was unable to find out which was using the
>old and which was using the Waterborne technology as they are referring to
>the new paint in Spartanburg.  The problem is real.  I can leave any of my
>old cars out in the rain or bird zone and not have the slightest problem
>but even insect excrement left in the sun for an hour seems to make
>permanent impressions on new paint.  I guess the short of it is, you're not
>alone.  Sorry.
>
>- -Phil Marx  BMWCCA #6021

You ought to see what acid rain did to "old technology" paint ('91 era)!
Our 325 horizontal surfaces look like the surface of the moon when
inspecting reflected light closely.  Pock marks galore in the clearcoat.  I
seem to recall talk sometime back of a secret warranty for the original
owners of certain vehicles (presumably paid to have good rapport with the
dealer) due to acid rain damage.

My conclusion: BMW paint problems aren't new, and they aren't due to
econazis, either.

Paul Reitz
BMWCCA #1167