[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

More On Vinylex

Gerry O. responded to my posted regarding silicone content in Vinylex.
 Gerry, like you I called Lexol in GA and spoke with Dr. Jenkins.  He
confirmed that Vinylex is a silicone based product, but that it's wrapped in
polymers.  Anyway, I quickly hung up and dialed Larry Reynolds, who explained
that there are two kinds of silicone.  The bad type which is not bound in
polymers and the kind that are in Vinylex are the
non-harmful varity -- which becomes inert if chemically bound in a polymer.
 Anyway, to listen to Larry Reynolds & Dr. Jenkins, Vinylex is a good quality
product that will not do any harm to the car.

Somehow though, my trust has been shaken.  Maybe I should just completely
switch to Zymol and not have to worry.  It just might be worth the extra
money.

That's for the response Gerry.

Stuart M.
96-M3