[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Sheet Metal

I would strongly advise anyone needing BMW sheet metal to buy it locally
through their best discount dealer.  In doing so, it's a lot easier to
refuse a dented hood or door at the parts counter than to go through the
frustrating and expensive "return to vendor" and "insurance claim" processes
(this is why I sell factory sheet metal on a "local basis" only).  Many
discount dealers will go 20-25% off list  (make sure you know what
"suggested list" is before going in.....some dealers mark up 10-20% before
discounting).
As to buying mail order sheet metal from people like Rodd Sidney and others,
make sure the "savings after freight" are at least 25% cheaper than what
you'd pay locally. Determine in advance who will pay the return freight if
you're not satisfied with the part you've received....scratches are OK but
dents are expensive to repair and the ones with plastic filler will probably
be a problem in the future.  Please feel free to contact me directly if you
have any questions. SD
Steve D'Gerolamo c/o The Parts Co-op   (201-262-0412)