[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<MISC>GTS-2 California GP

>Last night I was watching the GTS-2 California GP at Sears Point on
>SpeedVision.  It was probably a rerun, but Tom Milner's Prototype
>Technology Group, M3s finished:1, 2, 3.  First and second place were the
>new M3 lightweights driven by Pete Halsmer and ???(I forgot).

Actually, the car Pete drove was the only new lightweight.  It was build
specifically for the type of race held at Sear's Point: short race (~45
min), and a "handling"-type track.  The car didn't have things used for the
longer races, like lights, spare battery, and a few things I'm forgetting.
This info, BTW, was from the reception held at East Bay BMW on the Thursday
before the race.  Also, it was numbered #07.  This was BMW's first win of
the season!

The second place driver was Bill Auberlin driving the "old" #07 (now #3),
and third place went to Boris Said in #06 (for those that keep track of such
things :-)

Of course, I'm still kicking myself for not being able to get my lazy a**
out of bed to go see the race (damndamndamndamn).

There's info and "pit notes" at the IMSA home page: http://www.imsaracing.com

Later,
Jim Bassett
96 328is