[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: <Motronic> Running too rich (conclusion)

First, thanks to all who replied with suggestions.  The problem
turned out to be my Motronic control box - which was verified
by swapping with a known good unit from another car - the problem
moved with the unit, and my car ran great with the good one.

Experience and several netters suggest that it could just be a
simple problem, like a cold solder joint.  If only I had the
time to put it on the bench and play with it.  Unfortunately,
it's my only (running) vehicle right now, and I gots to have
it, so I sprung $300 for a used unit ($900 for new Bosch - yikes!).
It is amusing to see the high technology that makes it into
these boxes, though.  Thanks again...

John Bunda
'87 325 (eta)