[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Styling

There are some discussions about BMW styling recently, personally I like the
new 5 series (E39) a lot, to me it's a modern BMW classical design.
I like its more rounded front end, the headlamps, the curve of the hood
and the integrated kidney. I do like the E34 style, it's more toward
the classical end of design and I like its rear end better than the E39's.
Over all, the E39 seems to be more consistently elegant while the
E34 is a bit sportier, the E39 has a very slight edge on me.

The style I  *dislike* most is the new 7, doesn't remind me much about
BMW and is only about average in the vehicle design world, and yes I like the
E32 much better. I don't like E36's(which I own) front end either.

The following is the sorted list of my preference of BMW stylings, the E24
6 series is not here since I recognize it to be the all time classical.

        E39 (new 5)
        E34
        E32
        E36-Z3