[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<E36> //M snorkel

Hi all,
I'm getting a modified Dinan-style airbox, and probably a JimC chip.
I've seen people talking about the motorsport snorkel that gets
air out of the wheel well, instead of in front of the radiator.
Why is this better?  It seems that getting air from the high-pressure zone
right in front of the car would be better than getting air from the not-so-high pressure
zone in the wheel well.

Also, how much better is this for the street?  One guy mentioned that it sounded
different, but wasn't noticeable.  Another guy (from whom I am purchasing the
airbox) said that the snorkel helps.  What do you think?

Thanks,
Greg
gregs@domain.elided