[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

E36 M3 Lightweight Flywheel

Hi guys (and gals)-

Has anyone put a lightweight flywheel on their E36 M3?  Turner
Motorsports advertises one on their web page (Will?).  With people
reaching the limits of how fast you can get air/gas in and exhaust out
of the car, it seems like the next phase is to reduce rotational mass to
get more power to the rear wheels (at least this seems logical).  How
much does this effect driveability?  Is the gas pedal more 'sensative'?
 Any other thoughts???

Of course, one other step will be changing the rear end to a 3.23 or
3.32 rear end, which will take a little off the top end of the car
(those 7 or so mph are needed for those 100-150 mile races in Nevada.
;-).

(Tony, Will, Carl and Jim- the correct answer is not:  "Get the headers,
crossover and AFM first, Rich"  I know. I need to. ;-)

- -Richard Biscevic