[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: M2002 teething pains

> Okay fellow bimmerheads, I have a problem which will unite the '02 faction of
> this list with the Motronic faction.  As some of you may recall, I've been in
> the process of installing an '89 M3 engine in my '76 2002.  As recommended
> by Pete McHenry (the guru of this conversion), I've installed an'84 prepump,
> a tii main pump, and am feeding gas through the steel line under the driver's
> side of the car.  The old plastic feed line for the carborated engine is now
> the return.

Ditto. I've gone to electronic fuel pump and have mounted the pump forward of
the gas tank, underneath the car. I'm using the return steel line as the feed.

This one is real obvious, but maybe it slipped your mind. Did you switch the
lines at the tank? If you try and draw fuel from the return connector on the
tank, you'll get zip. nada.

> My problem is this: tonight, with much anticipation, the install was finished,
> the coolant system was filled, and the ignition was cranked.  The engine cranks,
> but won't run, and we can't smell any gas at the header, indicating,
> that fuel delivery might be a problem.

You can always unplug the line at the engine compartment and see that it spews
fuel. Of course, checking the pressure is a better idea.

Filippo