[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re:Intermittant Wipers

>I have a quick question about the wipers in a '93 318i. I guess there
>is an option to set the intermittant wiper delay (turn it
>on/off/on). But apparently my car does not come equipped to do
>this. And with all of the rain recently, I figured it would be very
>convenient. Does anybody know how hard it is to upgrade(?) to an
>adjustable delay version. Is it in the switch itself or a little box
>somewhere?

I had other cars without the adjustable delay and/or dead intermittant relay.
I just went to the auto parts store and picked up an adjustable unit for
$10-$15 and spliced it into the intermittant circuit. Hid the box under the
dash, where I could still reach it occasionally, and it worked great for
years. (The relay [non adjustable] was $50 on my Fiesta!)

Chris Guy
'86 535i 110k