[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Oktoberfest 95!

Anyone thinking of making the pilgrimage (by car) to the BMW CCA Oktoberfest
 (Breckenbridge, CO)  from the Northeast this summer? I'm planning on making
the trip from Eastern Long Island, in NY in my '94 325is (with a one night
stop, maybe two) and wondered if anyone's interested in "convoying" it part
or all of the way.  My preferred route will likely pick up I-70 in Columbus
and ride it the rest of the way (the "high" roads, ie. 80 or 90 ... are not
out of the question). If there are any of you Bimmerheads that might want to
jump on the convoy at some specified time and place, let me know where you
are and what your pref's are. I know it's a little early to be thinking about
this, but if enough people are interested, maybe I could draw up a map and
indicate who's comin' in where and when.  Could you imagine a one mile long
string of BMW's rolling through the midwest and across the Colorado border at
the same time!  The  mother of all road rallies no doubt.  Anyway, it's just
a thought...if you're interested, send me an e-mail. I'll post periodic
updates here on the List under "Rally to the Rockies."  INFO: The Oktoberfest
is from Monday July 17th to Friday the 21st.  East coast departure will
likely be Friday (it is 1700 miles you know) or Saturday (real early). Jack
Kerouac, eat your heart out!

Happy motoring,

Tom Newton
1994 325is