[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Hidden diagnostics?

Hi all,

Andy here again, him with the wimpy 318 coupe. I read a bit on hidden
diagnostic codes for other cars (Saturns, Chryslers etc.) which drivers
presumably aren't supposed to know about. For cars without the Check/
Control system (such as mine) does anybody know of any procedure for
BMWs (pref. E36) for getting at diagnostic codes? It often involves switching
the ignition key from OFF to ACC several times.

I'd find this quite useful (not least because it'll tell me if my dealer
is lying if the car goes in for anything)

Cheers, and TIA,

Andrew (ajt@domain.elided)