[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

32/36 in Calif.

Greetings,

I'm a little curious what all the discussion regarding the Weber 32/36 carb in
California is about. When California began the smog program a number of years
ago (which forced me to remove the dual sidedrafts, header, and mechanical
advance distributor, bah-humbug), I replaced them with the 32/36 DGAV Weber
carburator and a K&N air filter about 5"x8". I have the hose from the valve
cover feeding back into the air filter (which it came with the adaptor), and my
car has passed the smog inspection ever since. I'm not taking it to
questionable mechanics doing it on the side, but have taken it to a number of
places which are quite reputible (sp?). I didn't even have to put the air pump
back on the car, and the referee approved the whole set-up years ago after he
made me make the changes. I'm not sure what an "open K&N air filter" is, but I
don't have the original one on.

Regards
Rick Paulin
74 2002