[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

frozen gas lines

Jeff Campbell asks about a frozen gas line.
Here in the great white north frozen gas lines are not uncommon. Pour in a
couple of cans of gas line deicer (make sure it is the stuff designed for
injected vehicles), wait a couple of hours and try to start the car -- it
generally works. The other option is tow it to a warm building, leave it
overnight and start it. Make sure to add deicer after it has started to keep
it from freezing again. I can't remember a car encountering any damage as a
result of excessive cranking with a frozen line.

If you can't find deicer in your area Methol hydrate (if memory serves me
correctly) is the major ingrediant in deicer so you can throw some of it in.
This worked for carb cars but I don' know if it has any negative effect on
any part of the fuel injection.
Doug Bicknell
College of Commerce
University of Saskatchewan