[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

525i power steering hose

For the second time in 13 months the power steering hose on my 1989 525i has
ruptured. The dealer muttered something about the possibility of the pump
building too much pressure. Never having experienced any thing like this on
any previous BMW or on anything else for that matter the comment struck me
as a bit odd. Has anyone else had a similar problem or have any suggestions
of items I should be checking? For general information both failures occured
in normal driving conditions; once on the highway and once in town in both
cases the temperature was about zero farenhiedt.

Thanks
Doug Bicknell
College of Commerce
University of Saskatchewan