[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 72 2002tii brakes - pulling to one side

Check the right front caliper for sticking pistons.  I used to have to exercise the pistons often to break up the corrosion.  Use a pry bar to press both pistons back to thier retracted position and then use the brake pedal to bring them all the way back out.  Of course rebuilding or replacing is the recommneded fix.  It is probably pulling left because the left brake is working better than the right.  My old 1600-2 had the 4 piston calipers with two seperate hydraulic circuits to each front wheel.  Talk about building in safety, you could lose any one break line in the car and stil stop with both front wheels and one back.  The down side was the pistons stuck a lot.

Bill
jeffers@domain.elided