[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

1995 M3 Tire Sizes

Does anyone run (or know of others running) different size tires on their
1995 M3?  I'd like to switch to a 16" wheel for track events, and I'd
like to avoid doing body work to accomodate a larger tire.  I've seen Dinan's
M3 with larger wheels, but it's dropped over 1" and the wheel wells are
expanded.

The 17" tires for the car are a minimum of $ 270 a piece.  Switching to
a 16" alone will drop that price $100!  Right now the car is outfitted
with 235/40ZR17.  I believe I can go a little larger with a 16" wheel.

Any suggestions on tire size and wheel width ( say 8" to 9")?

Thanks,
Rich
95 //M3

P.S.  Any brand suggestions for a race tire?