[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Mail Order Discounts

     Greetings all, hope everyone had a good holiday-

     I've recently spent some time calling various Roundel advertisers for
     goodies for our soon-to-be-acquired (but not soon enough :>) '95 325i,
     due now in early Feb (eta California POE is January 24).  In
     particular I have called:  The BMW Store (Ohio, 25% discount), Peter
     Pan BMW (SF Bay Area), and Hendrick's BMW (southern US).  The BMW
     Store had the best discounted BMW accessories, but they have to charge
     sales taxes on all phone orders.  They had the lowest price for the CD
     changer and factory security system.  All the rest were within dollars
     if not cents of each other.  The biggest caveat that I have is that
     the discount to CCA members is off of the "true" BMW list, while other
     suppliers may and do use an inflated list to discount off.  So, its
     not the percentage of the discount, but the delivered price that
     really counts in finding your best value out there.  Just my
     ramblings...now back to our regularly scheduled bmw list...

     Mike