[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

ABS Warning Light is On!@? :(

Well,  took my beloved '83 745i into the shop for a warranty replacement of
the left front Bilstein strut.  They could NOT get it out, and replaced
the strut housing with one from an '84 733.

I got charged $100 for the labor and $150 for the housing.  Thought that I
was pretty much off the hook until leaving their parking lot, when the
ABS warning light came on.

They claim that they used all the parts that came off my car except for
the housing.  When they put the car on the hoist to test, they did a spin
test on each front wheel independently.  The light stayed off when the
left wheel was spun (?) but the right wheel caused a fault.

They did not mess with the right wheel at all.  Anyone have an idea
what's up here?  I am wondering if the left sensor is:

	A.  DOA
	B.  Now much cleaner than the right one causing an imbalance in
	the signals from each wheel, thereby cauing an error condition.

I am going to take the car back on Thursday for them to try again.  FYI,
this is a tire store, not a BMW service company.

Any ideas and support is greatly appreciated!

Jan-