[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Aftermarket alarm installation

I successfully installed a Viper Ultra 800 system to my 95 325iS!  Here are the
information that was necessary for the install:

Pre-wired harness connector in this sequence:
12	11	10	9	8	7
6	5	4	3	2	1

1.  Battery
2.  Ignition
3.  Ground
4.  Driver Door	needs (-) input
5.  Passenger Door	needs (-) input
6.  NO PIN
7.  OBC horn		needs (+) input
8.  Hazards		needs (-) input
9.  Lock		needs (+) input
10.  Unlock		needs (+) input
11.  Trunk switch	gives (-) output
12.  Domelights

Hood switch (if available) is violet/green/yellow.  I did not post the other
colors for security reasons.

The ignition wires that would have to be cut and removed in order to use the
starter kill is  black and yellow.

Now, the big question.  If I send a + voltage to LOCK the doors, it obviously
locks them.  BUT HOW DO I GET THEM TO DOUBLE LOCK???  I tried to send a longer
pulse, but that just raises the windows closed.  Also, my door locks now lock
when the car is started and unlocks when the key is removed (alarm feature).  I
wouldn't want to be "locked in" when the car is running...

Armand