[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Warranties .. again ..

NewtMan wrote:

> Best of all, ahead of time, my dealer gave me the thumbs up on the
> upgrade.. saying "hey, lots of folks do it, and we've never had any problems
> (warranty conflicts) with folks that have gone with the good software
> upgrades (dinan, autothority etc...)...

I'm glad you have a decent dealer, but not ALL dealers are like that, AND
contrary to what they are saying, there HAVE been warranties PULLED on cars
using both the Dinan and Autothority chips ... by BMW NA ... not the dealer

It comes down to this, if the "add-on" directly causes a failure of something
then you will EAT it .. sometimes they make yyou buy a new factory-sealed DME,
and sometimes NA will just void your entire drivetrain warranty ..

It HAS happened ..

Jim Conforti

PS: Watch out for the "FLo-Tech" on very cold days ... remember that little
    *device* you removed from the airbox and hogtied to the fuel cannister?

    That was an "incoming air temp thermostat" which regulates warm coolant
    to the throttle body to prevent icing below 3degC ... by removing from
    the air stream, you have dis-armed it .. and icing can occur ..

    What throttle icing does is lock your throttle in the current "open"
    position, even if you remove your foot from the accellerator :(

    Forewarned is forearmed