[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

OBC vs. parking/brake lights...

Hi guys.

The following has hapened several times, and I didn't think much of it
the first or second time, but now I'm starting to get a little woried,
but anyway:

A month or so ago, I turned on the lights in my '92 535i, when the OBC
beeped and said tail light. When I checked, sure enough the passenger
side tail light was out. BUT, after I turned the car off and started up
again, the tail light was fine! Also, the OBC stoped reporting it as
being out. That happened once again, a week or so later.

Today, as I pulled in and was about to turn the lights off, the OBC said
parking lights; when I checked the lights, everything was ok. Upon
returning to the car 2 hrs later, no message, everything ok.

Has anyone else on the list experienced something similar?  Any idea
whats causing it? BTW: They did replace the passenger side tail light
housing when I got the car, but that seems to be OK.

Wierd, eh?

FS.