[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Remvoing things ...

Richard,

First off, what type of BMW are we talking about!

Now, removing the cat convertor from a street-bound BMW is VERY bad for
you to do, and will gain you very little unless your doing other major
modifications ... pretty soon you'll end up with a full-bore race car
that will be useless for the street.

Not to mention that the EPA can (and should) put your butt in jail or fine
you a mere $50,000 (yep, that's 50 large ones) for "Tampering"

Assuming you have a motronic based BMW, intake/exhaust mods and a chip
are the best way to get more streetable (and LEGAL) power .. depending
on the BMW we are talking about, it can be from 6-30% more ...

Some BMW's were horribly de-tuned, others are harder to "tweak"

   Jim Conforti

   94  325i  Mac
   95  //M3  LNDSHRK

   WORK: (801) 223-5471