[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Oil Leak

     I fixed this problem on my brother-in-law's 87 325is last summer.  The
     oil is leaking for the pressure relief valve in the oil filter head
     housing (the part the oil filter connects to).  The leak is so common
     that BMW has a repair kit with a new seal and spring.  If I remember
     right it was about $30 for the kit.  It will take you a hour to do
     plus an oil change (the filter needs to be removed).

     Cheers
     John