[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: bmw-digest V2 #152#################Problems with power locks

> The power lock on my 82 733i is not behaving well these days. When I
> unlock the car using the driver door lock, it locks itself right away.
> If I keep the key turned to unlock, the system locks/unlocks/locks etc
> This happens intermittently. It stops after a while.

Does unlocking the doors via the trunk key have the same problem?

> Any similar experiences? Suggestions on how to fix this myself?
> Many TIA's

As I ask, I noticed that with mine that unlocking via the other door
or trunk works.  So I isolated it to the locking mechanism in the
drivers door.  In my 89 325is (hope this applies to other BMWs),
the locking mechanism senses when the door is being un/locked and
sends the signal that un/locks the all locks.  This mechanism can
be adjusted.  By locking the door and taking the slack out (from Bentley).
On mine this would occur when it got cold out.  At this point the cold
weather and years of use changed the dimensions of the connecting rod
(I guess).  Hope this helps, any other experiences out there.

regards,
Daniel Adams