[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Information request - current range

Hi All,

Greetings from the other side of the pond, where BMW has just got into bed
with Rolls-Royce and incensed the press ever further!

I have a few q's regarding the current available range, and wondered if
anyone there could help - I'd really appreciate an e-mail back if poss.

My brother - who will be going to the States for a couple of years soon -
is also a big BMW nut and would like to know what BMWs are available out
there (I believe the difference in the British and American markets are
wide, especially for 3-series). BMWs are the slowest depreciating cars in
the UK (316i Compact the slowest-depreciating car ever - slower than
Ferraris, Lamobs etc. at 8-9% of its list price after 3 yrs). If this is
the case in the US he'd like to buy a 3 out there, a year or two old, run
it for a couple of years and sell it for virtually what he paid for it.
Is this possible?

Could I ask you for a really quick summary, if it's not too much trouble?
Just a model list of the 3s would be plenty, with the kinds of prices they
fetch new/2nd-hand.

thanks for your help,

Andrew Thomas (ajt@domain.elided)