[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

E36 M3 Chips

After talking to a friend of mine about high performance chips,
I decided to at least look into the matter.  I've just started looking
at Dinan's, Korman's, and Autothority.  Of the three, Autothority
claims that most other manufacturers only alter the power curve while
the throttle is wide open (the last 20%).  However, Autothority's
chip adjusts throughout the throttle range.

What would be the costs and benefits of the two approaches?  Are
the chips which affect wide open throttle only more fuel efficient?
Quieter at idle?  I would assume Autothority's would be more responsive.
But at what cost?

Does anyone have any experience with various chips?  Are there
others I should look at for my '95 //M3?  Jim Conforti- any ideas
here?

What chips have others put in their M3s?

Any info would be great.  If I get enough data to justify a summary
posting I'll go ahead and do it.

Thanks,
- -Rich
1995 //M3