[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

another .02 on tires

Quickly,

I had Michelin MXX's (not MXX3's) on my '90 300ZX twin turbo, and they
were outstanding in the dry, not so great in the wet.  Replaced them
with the Dunlop D40-M2's 'cause the MXX was $300 a pop for the rear
245/45-16's.  The D40 was only $160.  There is a degradation in
performance definitely, but not by 1/2 (300 vs. 160)!  They are
better in the rain though, IMO.

Also, I'll be #1001 to rave about Yoko A509's.  I've run them for
years on both my '70 2002 and '84 VW GTI.  For the money (read 'cheap'),
they are probably unbeatable.  They don't last long though if you autocross
them 'cause you're too cheap to go for stickies.

And of course the GTI rolls on studded Hakka's
in the winter.  It's only December, and there's already been three
days where I've been glad I had studs.  Upstate NY just can't
decide whether to snow or sleet it seems.

Speed Racer
member, Team Kokopelli