[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Red Colored BMW's

Rick Kjeldsen wrote:

> One more example, a friend's red '85 325 has faded badly and
> unevenly.  He hasn't been very good about maintenance, but even on
> those occasions when he did wax the car, the paint looked old.  I
> read somewhere that red is one of the colors that fade the worst.
> It's inherent in the pigments or something.

  While this may be true for your friend, I can tell you that there are
plenty of cars out there with faded paint (BMW's or not, and any color too!)
THE DIFFERENCE is the way we treat our cars.  Just like changing the oil
every 3K, vacuum cleaning and such, washing and waxing the car frequently DOES
make a difference.  I have a 325 from '86, that happens to be in such a good
shape -both interior and exterior- that I get asked whether the car is new all
the time.  Of course, most people may not be aware of the different existent
models...  BTW, the car is Zubinorot....
- --

	Cornelius.
	325 '86, 120k miles.