[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Black Paint Problem

   I have an 86 528e in Silver (Polaris Metallic) and I swear it is the best
paint job ever!  I have NO RUST (yet) and the car never lived in a  garage.
It's my daily driver and I live in the Chicagoland area. I wash it once a
week if I can and wax it twice/year. (Spring/late Summer).

   There are minor micro-scratches but starting from 10 feet back it looks
perfect to the lay eye.   Someone once scratched my hood with some sharp
object last summer... I used polishing compound/and rewaxed the hood. It is
hardly noticeable. The front badge was taken at another time with no pry
marks ---Thank God!, (nice but lousy thieves)   :-(

   I have had bird droppings, mud, etc. sit on the paint for a week or so
with no noticeable deterioration.  Must be the Black color that might be more
sensitive.  (had a black car once, nice but showed everything, never again.)
I think Silver IS the best color to have. (IMHO)  Any other Colors out there
that hold up?

JOE ABELL
86 528e 94k