[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

lowering

Two netters today have discussed mods which may lower their car. Here
is a caution based on a non-obvious (to me) problem when I lowered my
former 1978 320i.

If you live in a snow state, lightly travelled streets will develop
ruts where wheels have plowed them with a high place in the middle.
This high place is exactly the height of a standard height car. When
you lower your car, you will then scrape your underbody on snow & ice
(ugh) until/if a real snowplow comes along.
Sunbelters don't have this problem, except possibly on old dirt roads.
- --
Barry Wellman           wellman@domain.elided            8-)