[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: bmw-digest V2 #112

> From: sgerhardt@domain.elided
> Date: Mon, 5 Dec 1994 10:02:03 -0800
> Subject: tires, tires, tires...
>
> I'm seeking opinions on 2 tires:  Dunlop D60A2 and Yoko A509S.
> I drive a 535is and am currently using size 225/60 15.  I'm looking
> for an all season type tire with emphasis maybe more toward crisp
> handling than snow traction.
>
> Thanks,    - Steve     sgerhardt@domain.elided

  I put Yoko A509s on a Nissan Maxima (which I subsequently traded for a
E34 - 530i) and was very impressed, particularly in the rain.  I had
two complaints, they were *very* noisy, especially at 35-45 mph, and
were less than useless in snow.  No experience with D60A2 but had
Dunlop SP8000s on my 300ZX, they were great, but didn't last long (<18K).
I replaced them with Pirelli P700Z, hoping for a longer tread life, but
will buy the Dunlops again next time.  I'd like to put SP8000s on the
E34 too, as soon as I can wear out the uniroyals.  Hopefully they won't
last too long.

- -Fred
fred@domain.elided