[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Why does it have to happen to me?

Hi bimmernutters!

Sometimes one wonders why. Two months ago some idiot found his pleasure in
scratching the trunk lid and right rear fender (not my stratocaster, thank god!)
on my car with a sharp object. Estimated cost for repaint: 2300 SEK (about
300 dollars). Then what happens? The night between last friday and saturday
some other idiot steals the bmw badge on the hood. As you all know, all bad
things come at once, yesterday I discovered that the exhaust system is
kaputt gegangen.

The last thing on the list is somewhat ok however, when the local bmw
dealer had a look to se how much had to be replaced he discovered that the
exhaust system is the original fitted to the car when it was built in 1985!
So, almost 10 years and 105000 km, and only the rear part has to be replaced,
somewhat ok...

Now I have to go home to fit the studded snow tires, so that no complete
disaster happens...

/Rolf
'85 318i