[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: bmw-digest V2 #94

| In order to properly bleed the brakes on an E36 3-series
| BMW equipped with ABS (which is all of them in North
| America), it is necessary to open an internal valve within
| the ABS hydraulic unit.  A BMW dealer does this by connecting
| the BMW Test/Service unit to a diagnostic plug on the ABS
| unit, then choosing the correct choice from the screen
| menu.  Failure to follow this procedure can leave air in
| the system.
|
| No info on how to DIY this!

This accounts for why my 95 M3 brakes have felt a tad spongy since I
replaced the fluid with Motol. I've bled them twice myself but notice
that the hard pedal of brand new just isn't there anymore. I'd hate to
have to pay for the !@#dealer to bleed my brakes every time I do a
track event!

Question is: any other E36/ABS owners out there with this experience?
Anybody heard a DIY workaround yet? If so, pls post!

John@domain.elided

"The opinions expressed do not reflect the opinions of the management,
except that faster is always better..."