[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: bmw-digest V2 #124

I have a 86 535i and love it.  The only problem is that the automatic headrests
don't work, although the motor is running.  Secondly, I would like a book on
late model BMW's that goes into detail.  The difference in models like the
535is, M5 because I just have to know everything about the 5 series in particul
ar.  I read that a K&N air filter and chip is a good way to increase
performance, but what about additions to the ignition system..like, new wires,
plugs, coils and the like.  I saw an ad for MSD ignition systems and was wonder
ing if anyone had tried them.  Were can you get discount parts for your BMW bec
aues 30 dollars for underhood insulation(one section) seems a little steep.
I almost forgot..has anyone tried the shift kit that suppose to give the beemer
shorter throws.  What about Duralube and slick 50?
Thanks