[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

New M3 Tire Query

This is a question for Bill Graves or for anyone who is familiar with this
problem.

Bill,
  Last week I read your mail on the 17" tire and I have a question on the tire

size for my E36 92' 325is.  I am currently using wheel sizes of 17x7.5 front
and 17x8.5 at the rear, the tires are 215/45-17 on all 4 wheels.  I have no
problem with this tire size.  However, with the larger rear wheel width the
215/45 is little too narrow.  So I had my local dealer installed 235/45-17
tires on the read wheels to see if that would be a better fit for the 8.5 wide

wheels and it was.   However, when I went over a dip the rear tires rubbed
against the outer fender lip.  It seemed that the 235/45 stick out a little
bit
too much.  Since it sounds like you are running with 235/40-17 at the rear on
your 325is, do you have any rubbing or clearance problem?   I would hope that
the 235/40 would be a better fit, since it's a little shorter than the 235/45.

BTW, for the money I would go for the Yokohama AVS Int. 235/40-17.   It's
being advertised from the Tire Rack for $170 each.  All other tires are about
$225 each.

Bill Moy
Oracle Corporation
500 Oracle Parkway