[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

CD Changer Prices and Installation

>>Regarding the 'hassle of installation', what does one do with the
  cable already put there by the (BMW) factory?  Is there an adapter
  available to patch between BMW's cable and the non-BMW CD changer?

You can either not use it at all or splice into it.  There is no adapter
available that I know of.  The BMW (Alpine) Changer is avialable from the
Roundel at $471.95.  I forget the name of the store.

BTW, it seems common knowledge that the factory alarm plug harness is located
behind the glove box for the E36s (possibly other models as well).  I wouldn't
feel very comfortable with the fact the thieves also know where the plug and
main unit are.  This is another reason why I would want to install my own alarm
so that only I know where it is.  Why make it easier for car thieves by
standardizing the location of the security system???  Sounds like "Factory
Security" is an oxymoron; just like "Dealer Service".