[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Location of 533i OBC relay?

Don / list - The relay was found by using the 'Code' function and
attempting to start the car.  When the horn started sounding the relay
would click.  He could feel which one was clicking (Turns out it's part
of the OBC, even though Bentley's makes it look seperate).  The car is a
manual, the main relay had been swapped out.  The dash lights still came
on when he turned the key.  Anyway, using one of the blue crimp on
splices, he kluged the relay by shorting around it.  So far the car seems
fine, although it was an intermittent problem.  The only down side is
that the car still starts even if the 'Code' hasn't been re-entered, but
the horn still sounds.  Fortunately in this neck of the woods, most of
the redneck car thieves wouldn't be caught dead in a furin' car.  Give
'em a 5.0 or Camero.  He never uses the code anyway.  Theory is that
since the ralay was never used the contacts may be corroded.  I guess the
moral of the story is that if you don't use it, you lose it!

If it quits again I guess it's time to look elsewhere.  Thanks for the
help.

matt