[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Wheel interchange E21 (was: Re: Wheel interchange E36...)

> From: bthongsa@domain.elided
{stuff deleted}

> > 	That sure sucks, after all the other smart moves as far as parts
> > interchanges BMW has done in the past:
> > 	E21 steels fit 2002s OK for +0 fitments and fenderlip massages.
>
> The only catch here is that no other wheel fits the E21 cars......
> The E21 runs more positive offset than the others.

Yep, very true.  I had to have 13x7" wheels made for my autocross tires
because I couldn't find any reasonably priced (grad student you know)
alloys.  Actually Chevy Chevette (Cringe, gasp, ack...) wheels fit.
Unfortunately they only come in 5" and 5.5" widths but they are ok for
stock street tires and snow tires and plus they are dirt cheap in junk
yards.

Walt Barie (wgbst4+@domain.elided, barie+@domain.elided)
Graduate Student
Dept. of Electrical Engineering, University of Pittsburgh

'79 320i DSP Solo II Car
'80 528i still with broken odometer gear:)

Of course what I say in no way reflects the views of the University....