[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

emissions on a 2002

Filippo was saying one sunny day:

p.s. With emmisions stuff acoming (see the latest article in the December
Roundel),
it's time to starting thinking about FI - it's the only way to successfully get
around strict emmisions tests...

I'm taking this portion to the list, to envoke a global response....

Anyone know what the emissions requirements for a 1968 2002 (or for any
2002) will be in the near future?   Is still going to be regulated on a
state to state basis, and urban/rural areas?

I think you're right about passing with F.I.   That's probably the only
fighting chance we've got without resorting to cats.   I toyed with the idea
of converting to NGV for the supercharged engine, but it proved to not be a
feasible alternative.   (there are some nice incentives for running NGV here
in Texas, though)

As a side note:  There's a gas station near Round Rock, Texas that still
sells regular leaded gas.  Supposedly its for "agricultural" equipment.   I
wonder how long THAT will continue.

Erik
1968 2002 (no emissions whatsoever)