[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

'95 325i, 328i

Item Subject: Text_1
     Well, another month's "who's who" listing has been published, and I
     sheepishly read that we own '95 325i...well, not yet.  It seems that
     the entire production run in October was converted to automatics
     because of:

     a) unavailability of Getrag 5-speeds
     b) waiting for a part to retrofit the existing Getrags (to prevent a
     field failure?)

     At any rate, whichever story one believes, we still do not have our
     car we ordered in August.  Anyone out there have any better info as
     the the 5-speed e36 production?

     Also, interesting that Canada purportedly has the 328i already.  BMWNA
     won't even confirm that they plan on importing them to North America.
     Again, if the 328i is a mid-year replacement for the 325i,  won't that
     tick off a *few* new '95 buyers (including me)? YES!  Not a good way
     of building good customer relations.  Is anyone on the list with BMWNA
     and can they comment on the 328i?

     Thanks,

     Mike
     '69 1600ti (really)