[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Shop manuals, E-36 sunroof

First, I want to apologize for the signature  on my last contribution on
E-36 gas mileage, fuel gages and dash boards (#101 1/2),  I am new to using
the internet, and that was my first attempt.  Now I know about the
signature box component, and that someone else's had been put into mine
when my system was first set up.  I think it's been fixed now.

Now for two questions.  Does anyone know of a hard copy shop shop manual
for the E-36 ('92 on 325i)?  The dealer doesn't have one listed (though
they do sell a manual for the electrical system), and service folks use a
microfilm version in their shop area.  If you haven't heard of a paper
version coming out from BMW, then among the various other manual publishers
(e.g. Haynes), who is good and who is not, should they decide to fill this
void.

Second, is there a simple (read elegant) way to convert the E-36 sunroof to
one-touch operation.  I thought that swapping the control switch for the
type used on the driver's window might work, but the dealer says no.  He
indicated the drive motor for one-touch windows had different electrical
sensing wiring than non-one-touch windows, and thus if one wanted to change
the sunroof the motor would also need to be swapped out.  I'd hope this
isn't true.

Roger Moment

Boulder, CO  80303
(303) 499-8232 (H)